Friday, May 23, 2008

HERE WE ARE!!!


After all the pressure we finally decided to give into this Blogging thing! That and I wanted to start bragging about my family :)! (thanks for letting us use the picture amy)

THE BEGINNING:

Amy, Kirsten's sister lined Jer and I up. July 14, Jeremy took me to the Rocky Mountain Review. Later he found out that I don't care for basketball, but she loves football players in tight pants. (OH BABY :)). Luckily for Jeremy he talked to me instead of watching the game. He even cheered for Philadelphia 76ers now that was a miracle!!! Our team won so Travis treated us to desert. (Jer says he paid him back but I don't know)...


The first weekend in August we headed for Wyoming to visit Kirsten's uncle. On the way home we went through Yellowstone and Jer said he wanted to talk to my dad... dun dun dun!


August 22, 2007 Jeremy FINALLY asked for my hand. He told me that we were going to a University shindig, but got side-tracked at Ensign Peak. He told me he just wanted to look at the sunset (not hike to the top) so he grabbed his camel-back (don't ask me why he needed that :)). It was gorgeous sunset in the east & lightening in the west we even got a few rain drops. After enjoying the moment Jeremy asked if I wanted a drink, I said yes. Well instead of giving me water out of the bladder he pulls out a water bottle from the backpack WEIRD :O). I gave him his water back & he kept his hand in the backpack for a LONG time, in fact it was still in the backpack when we started back to the car. Jer:"Oh, my shoe's untied" uh huh sure? It wasn't untied at all :). That's when he pulled out the ring box & asked me to marry him. OH CUTE!! Obviously I said Capital Y Capital E Capital S (per Jeremy)


The next day him & his sister Brooke took off for Yellowstone :). The rest is history. We were sealed in the Bountiful Temple on November 17, 2007. Surprisingly enough it was a gorgeous fall day the last one of the year. The day couldn't have gone better we had a wedding luncheon at Canterbury Place in Bountiful. Reception at the Cedar Bench building in South Weber. Our line was done @ exactly 8 pm our car wasn't ruined entirely :). We spent the night at Country Inn & poor Jeremy was starving, because I didn't want to go through the drive-threw in my wedding dress.


We got up the next morning and went to church at our new ward in Farmington. Everyone was surprised to see us the day after our wedding! We got told off a few times. DON'T worry we got up the next day and headed for ORLANDO, FL. WAHOO!!! The weather was gorgeous and the company was even better. We went to Universal, Sea World, & Islands of Adventure they were all fun and we did it in the best order. On Friday we rented a car and headed to the Orlando Temple & then to the BEACH. It was a beautiful day, windy, but we had so much fun. We even found little shells that were alive and would burrow down in the sand and then come back up.

We got home on Saturday and come Monday we started our new lives...

6 comments:

Chad Welch said...

Yeah for the blog! Isn't peer pressure a great thing?

Jenefer said...

I've added you to my list....mine is reudterfamily.blogspot.com!

Keep updating it! It was great to see you at the shower!

Amy N. said...

HEY HEY HEY!! Way to give into peer pressure. It was fun to hear your story so far, I am not sure I have heard it in such detail. I can't wait to hear more fun stories.

Oh and I have prints for you when you tell me which pictures you guys want.

PS) you can't get to my family blog by clicking on my name (just my photoblog) you have to cut and paste this...
www.nielsonramblings.blogspot.com

Keith Welch said...

A few days before the engagement became official, I ran home from work for a few minutes. I walked in and found Kirsten and Jeremy already there. It was nice to see them but I only had a few minutes. It was fun to watch Kirsten snuggle up to Jeremy and whisper in his ear. It was obvious something was going on. But I could tell Kirsten was not getting the response from Jeremy that she wanted and so, as I was getting ready to race out the door, she says, "Dad, Jeremy has something he wants to ask you." I could really tell Jeremy was not in to asking right that very minute and so I suggested he ought to wait until Mom was home also. He agreed and I left. I was thilled to call Mom immediately and tell her what had just happened. And we have been thrilled ever since to include Jeremy in our family.
Wahoo......

The Stices said...

Hey it is good to see that you decided to join the blog world. Check out my blog at thestices.blogspot.com
It was good to see you at nana's birthday party, but didn't really get a chance to talk to you.
Katrina Stice

Grandma said...

I finally visited your blog. It is great. Where was that picture (the first one on your blog)when I was picking pictures? I love that picture. Maybe I can have one, do you know the photographer.