Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Great Grandparents

Lily is so blessed to have so many of her Great Grandparents still alive! I think I might have had a Great Grandma around when I was born, but alas it didn't last very long and I obviously don't remember. I wanted to post pictures of them all & write a little bit about them.
First off we have Papa and Nana Welch we rent the basement from them and the saddest part is we don't have ANY pictures of them with Lily (you'd think we'd have tons). Papa turned 84 this year and Nana turned 81. They've served 3 missions outside of the U.S. and I know worked at the temple for MANY years & continue to attend once a week. They are wonderful examples to Lily & LOVE having her downstairs they frequently stop by for a quick visit. Lily knows Nana's voice & loves telling her stories. Nana and I try to go on walks once a week and I really enjoy hearing about her childhood.
Great Grandma Knowles lives up in Avon and so we don't see her very often, but here's a picture of Lily telling Grandma stories. Labor Day week we're going up to Yellowstone with the Great Knowles' it'll be so fun & Lily will get to play with them a lot more!

Here is Great Grandpa Knowles he was the one who probably helped speed Lily coming :) He got in a 4-wheeling accident last September and when Jeremy & I went to go visit him he had a feeding tube & couldn't talk, but he made the point VERY clear that he wanted to be a Great Grandpa (little did he know Jer & I had already talked about it) 9 months later we had Lily :)

This is Great Grandma and Grandpa Knowles admiring Lily's pinkie toe she inherited it from Great Grandpa Knowles however he completely walks on his I hope Lily doesn't end up with it bent that bad!! I love these two TONS they are so much fun. They've welcomed me with open arms into their family I'm so glad we have them!! I'm not exactly sure how old those two love birds are, but somewhere in their mid 70s. They were married when they were both 18. Tatey (sp?) Jeremy's 4 year old (?) cousin calls grandpa her "most handsome grandpa" I have to agree :)
This is Great Grandma Nelson and she is 81. She grew up all her life in Oakley Idaho. She moved to Utah about 2 years ago and it is so nice to have her so close by!! She can make it to all the family gatherings & I think she enjoys being able to see everyone so much :) However I do miss going up for a week swimming, renting movies from the library, and eating scones!! It was my favorite growing up!! She has such spunk and when she puts her mind to something she is stubborn & won't give up until she achieves what she wants! I love her SO much!

Last on the list is Great Grandma and Grandpa Butterfield. These two are amazing as well! They've welcomed me into their family with open arms and I love them like my own! Grandma is so elegant she has closets of clothes (that she got on sale) and jewelry to go with each outfit, she always dolls herself up and looks so nice! Grandpa has worked hard ALL his life and is a good example of money management & hard work. Some people have a hard time with him, because he is so strong willed & will tell you how it is. For some reason to me, he's the kind of guy I can't get offended by he makes me laugh and when you think he might be mad if you look at him you can see the twinkle in his eye and a wink!! I love both of these kids!! They're in their mid 70s as well.

No comments: