Saturday, November 24, 2012

Kodachrome

For our 5th Anniversary, Jeremy planned a trip to Kodachrome State Park.  It was MUCH needed & sooooo much fun!!!!

First trail was panorama only we did the BIG loop about 6 miles round trip.
Indian Cave.
Look at all the fingers.  It's sandstone, pretty cool!

Jeremy warming over the fire @ Indian Cave

Jeremy made me!!!

So I made him :)

This is bacteria that makes a home in the sand it helps hold in water & other things, which is why they ask you to stay on the trails otherwise you wipe out decades of growth.

Jeremy needed to get Goblin out of him & so he climbed & I watched.




Yep sandstone, probably not the best idea!!!

Jeremy climbing again (don't worry he didn't trample any bacteria)


Doesn't that look like a temple?!  Nope just a rock :)

oooo a "slot canyon" lasted about the bend :)

Jer in the "Cool Cave"

View from Panoramic Point.  I actually got cell service up there only spot in the entire park ;) actually was kind of nice!!


Panoramic


Next trail was Parade it started right at our cabin


Kind of a fun walk.

This was our view out our window.  Isn't the V cool this is actually a pretty tall mountain.

Next trail Angel's Palace it was on the mountain above Parade Trail
Jer being reminded of Goblin Valley again...

The rock I'm laying on seriously looked like a man placed it there for a bench it was pretty cool

Aww my baby bump!!!


The view form Angel's Palace

down below was the Parade Trail


And this was the drive home.  It was absolutely GORGEOUS!!!!  I'd go to Kodachrome again just for the drive (that says a lot I hate being in cars!!!)  Luckily Brice is the same route so we can enjoy the drive, but see new things.

Kodachrome was perfect for a 3 day weekend we were able to do all the trails that didn't require jeep access.  It was gorgeous we had it to ourselves, a little chilly, but not terrible & perfect for a pregnant lady.  The trails were all EASY ;)

Thanks babe for a GREAT anniversary!!!!

1 comment:

Carrie said...

I AM SOOOO HAPPY you guys got away and had "lover's time"! You guys are too cute, truly a match made in heaven! :)