Thursday, December 3, 2009

Dilemma!

So as most of you know I've been unsure who to cheer for for the past year. I originally cheered for the U mostly family pressure and a husband attending the U. Then we attended a basketball game U vs Y and the U fans had stupid signs that were inappropriate and that was when I decided to try and cheer for the Y.

Issues with the U: Gay friendly! Rude fans (most however are pretty okay).

Issues with the Y: Takes away your agency! Most people leave for college to be out on their own to test their testimonies, to see what areas need tweaking. Well that isn't possible at the Y they're stricter than MOST parents!! and well some of the fans are a bit hoity-toity :) (most are okay though).

Then it hit me I'm NOT cheering for the school per se but for the FOOTBALL TEAM!! (who cares about basketball) So I stepped back and took a good look at what team I want to cheer for and lets be honest the U did so much better than I thought they would do this year and most of their team are NOT seniors! I love their defense!! They rock!! Now if only they could get their offence just as good :).

And well the Y just seem like cry babies and poor sports.

GO UTES or PIRATES or HAWKS or whatever they are :)

4 comments:

Amy N. said...

I agree! You know you could just cheer for any team that is playing BYU, like Jace and I do. Of course we are becoming pretty soft on BSU the longer we live here :)

Kirsten Knowles said...

BSU does have a good team! I'll think about it :)

ScottBoomer said...

I belive they have a name for fans like you it's called "Fair Weather"

Kirsten Knowles said...

How is that fair weather? Isn't a fair weather fan someone who switches when the team is good?! I think they lost to BYU so if I were fair weather I think I'd be cheering for the Y! :)