Apparently Jeremy and I have created a new hobby out of saving things! BTW we still have a sweet little kitty who desperately wants to move out of my garage and in to a new home!!
So my brother has a HUGE fish tank full of all sorts of fun things including goldfish which actually get fed to the other rather large fish. Well one of the fish mate for life and happened to have babies well slowly these poor babies were eaten until all that were left were 4. So I rescued them with the intention of giving them to one of my beehives.
Come to find out her fish had babies and there was no room in the inn, then my brother explains that these particular fish are cichlids which happen to be aggressive and if put with sweet little goldfish they get eaten rather quickly. So there went that idea. So instead of letting them die and flushing them we spent our Christmas money from GG Butterfield on a tank.
Amazingly enough it wasn't as expensive as I thought and now Lily has a soothing trickling sound in her room.
Of course we had to get algae eaters and so our 10 gallon tank holds 6 fish (hopefully they don't out grow it EVER)
NAMES (in case you wanted to know)
Chinese Algae eaters
*Phrates (short for euphrates)
*Haites
Convict Cichlids
* Diti (short for Aphroditi)
* Hercules
* Aciles
* Zeus
Theme came from our Greek pillars that were only $5 :)

8 comments:
If your goldfish ever die, might a suggest a beta fish. We've named our 'Herman the Hearty' cuz that thing NEVER dies. It's survived starvation, a hurricane, a trip to Utah in a Hi-C jug (full of water, of course), and most impressively, Katelyn. Good luck with your Greek Gods!
LOL What an awesome fish!! And probably the best thing about Herman is he is VERY pretty (or handsome)I will definitely keep that one in mind!
Kirsten...you left yourself the same comment 3 times. Are you hinting that you want comments? And I looked in the picture of the tank and don't see any fish. What happened?
LOL! Crystal I had the same thought...kirsten is padding her comments AND um kirst are these the kind of fish that you have to imagine are really there? or is this a test of your faith and believing in things you can't see?
You are a NUT!
Bless your hearts :) I was surprised to see 6 comments! Amy/Crystal have you ever taken a picture of a fish in a tank?! They hide behind my awesom pillars and well didn't really care if you could see them or not so it is you who has to use faith that I'm not lieing! Love you guys!!
Oh Kirsten and Jeremy you guys are nuts. (Bless your hearts)
Post a Comment