Ever heard of Bountiful Baskets? Jeremy's friends have done it for a while & well I just am lazy & never looked into it, until a gal from the ward informed me that there was a pick up area in Uintah! What so close?! Had to give it a try.
For those of you who have never heard of it you pay $15 (an additional $3 for your first time) and you get a basket half fruit, half veggies. FRESH & all from the USA! You can also do additional baskets like breads (whole grains!!) but you ALWAYS have to get the fruit & veggie basket you can't just get the bread basket.
Here's the fun part you have NO idea what you will be getting. So those of you who don't like surprises this isn't for you. I LOVE surprises & it helps me step out of my "box". Being on a student budget we eat A LOT of boxed foods. Now we'll have variety & eat healthier.
Here's what we got
6 bananas
1 packet of grape tomatoes (DO NOT like, ,but I'm sure I can find someone who will eat them :)
1 lb of purple grapes
7 FUYU ??? see below
7 Fuji Apples
6 pears
5 lb bag of ID russet potatoes
collard greens
7 Brussel Sprouts (these are HUGE compared to the frozen ones)
Green Beans
head of Cauliflower
and 4 mysterious somethings that didn't have a label.
![]() |
| This is the mysterious something. If ANYONE can tell me what it is I would be most appreciative!! |
![]() |
| This is Fuyu. The only reason I know what it is, is because of a sticker |
Fuyu are grown in the South & California it needs to be soft to be eaten (mine are quite hard & the Internet said it takes them a couple weeks to ripen) But they are known as food for the Gods. It is an acceptable gift to Buddha so its GOT to be TASTY right?!
So excited to eat the healthy foods!! Apparently there are Bountiful Baskets in ID, AZ, CO, etc I don't remember all the states, but the website is www.bountifulbaskets.org GO check it out to find a drop zone near you :)



4 comments:
Burley just got some drop offs and I am so EXCITED! I almost got one for today, until I remembered I wouldn't be able to pick it up.
apple pear. DElicious! A patient brought me a bag one day- yum! Asian food I guess- guessing becasue she was asian... :)
oh man I LOVE bountiful baskets. It's the coolest thing ever. And I found out that a fuyu is a type of persimmon. There is some crazy stuff you can get! One week we got an eggplant... My mom had no idea what to do with it. Everything is always so fresh and good though, it's great!
Can't wait for the persimmon cheese cake.
Post a Comment