Being married to a Ute I get to go to the football games (go BYU!)
The first quarter we missed most of because the U had a brilliant idea to herd all the student like cattle into 1 gate, K. Okay so it's suppose to be a pretty exciting game & of ALL the terminals/gates they only have ONE let me repeat ONE UNO gate that the students can enter in at. DUMB!!!! I felt bad for the people that had to scan their ID cards, because I was not the only one who thought this was an outrage! If your card didn't scan you were sent to another booth to find out what was wrong. Anyway it was a mess!
We walked in and the score was 3 - 3 field goals. The 2nd quarter was pretty good, U's quarter back passed the ball perfectly to a Beaver who ran & got a touchdown(Beaver's DEFENSE SCORED!!!). Sad Sad story. At half time Ute's came back I think it was 20 - 9. We left during half time for the drinking fountain came back & our seats were gone we were moved 2 other times before we found uncomfortable seating. Third quarter was TERRIBLE I was so bored! Beaver's had 1 touchdown that was it the entire quarter!! By the time 4th quarter came it was 21 - 20 beavers. The first part of the 4th quarter was much like the 3rd NOTHING happened. Then w/3 min left the scored 28 - 20 (beavers) I decided the annoying Beaver fan behind me needed a challenge so I got up w/the rest of the crowd & cheered like there was NO tomorrow. In fact a lot of the fans left thinking the game was over, but because of the cheers Utes won!!!! I believe in the power of cheering!!!! Utes kicker had 1 second left & made a field goal final score was 31 - 28 UTES!!!!! I have to admit it was pretty exciting!!
So now to the title who is their mascot?? They're the Utah UTES right? But there's a bird running around the stadium & people wave the U flag & a PIRATE FLAG?? I even saw a guy dressed up as a PIRATE?? I'm confused as I think the U is. They're just lost & not quite sure who they are!! GO COUGARS!!!!!!
Friday, October 3, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment