It's no secret that I absolutely LOVE to read!! Growing up without television reading became my entertainment. I get so engrossed, that unless you say my name I don't hear a word you say. Well I started feeling guilty, because I was reading novels & not reading the BoM like I should. So I set a goal of not reading a novel until I've completed the ENTIRE Bible, Book of Mormon, Pearl of Great Price, Doctrine & Covenants.
I started a few months ago & well I don't read it as fast as I do a novel, but I've definitely learned a lot!!
I just wanted to share one of the things I've learned. So I remember in Seminary talking about lepers in the New Testament. They were sent to live away from everyone else, and if someone "clean" came toward them they had to call out "unclean unclean" to warn them that they had leprosy. I thought they had to do it because back then people thought leprosy was contagious. In the New Testament Jesus healed a number of lepers, and to each one he healed he told them to go show themselves unto the Priest (Matt 8:2) or as the 10 lepers were walking to show the priests they were healed (Luke 17:14). Which I thought was really weird why would they need to show the Priest?
So I was reading in Leviticus chapters 13 & 14 and "The Law of Leprosy" was given to Moses. The Priests (Aaron & his sons) were the ones to pronounce them "clean or unclean" sending them out from the camp, and having them call out "unclean". Once a person was healed/cleansed of leprosy the Priest would examine him again and if found clean the Priest would make a sacrifice according to the law. It is pretty interesting what the sacrifice entailed, and I would recommend you all read Leviticus 14.
I always felt bad for the lepers that were shunned and sent outside the city, that had to yell out "unclean unclean" but it was a law given to Moses. Jesus Christ fulfilled that law which I am grateful, because there would be way to much to remember!!
Wednesday, April 28, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
Wow Kirsten what a goal! Knowing you, you will do it. Love ya
That is a great goal. I don't know if I would be able to do it. I would probably cheat and justify reading a small novel! Way to go!!
This makes me very inspired! Thanks!!
Post a Comment