* When we were younger she would hide M&Ms in pill bottles & as soon as we were through the door we were on the hunt for the treasure!
* Every summer we would spend a week up there swimming, tying quilts, swimming, checking videos out at the library, swimming, weenie roasting, swimming, scones, swimming, FAMOUS scrambled eggs (she used evaporated milk instead of regular) Ali & I found that out when we tried to fix her breakfast one morning, MORE SWIMMING, washing her car for money to spend at Clark's, forgetting jammas on purpose so we could wear one of Grandpa's old shirts, tea parties in her China Tea Cups!! Movie & dinner in Burley
* homemade hot chocolate, bread, Chicken Noodle Soup (who ever found a bone got a prize the bone)
* Doing her hair after she got back from doing a session at the temple
* cartoons on Saturday, watching Wheel of Fortune while Mom did our hair
* City of Rocks
* May of 2007 I went up to visit Gram by myself, her eyesight was getting worse & I guess I just didn't believe her until I went up to visit myself. She refused to drive anywhere besides Oakley & I think she only drove there because she had it memorized. Well when it came time to leave I had a REALLY hard time leaving her by herself, I left my water bottle & had to go back for it & she was at the sink washing her garments. After that I was okay leaving her, she was happy & still had things to do :)
* Then she got an infection in her blood & her children decided to move her to Kaysville to be closer to them. At first I felt so bad for Grandma, but then if they hadn't I wouldn't have had almost 4 years to see her more often!!
* Shortly before Lily was born I was able to attend the Temple with her. What an incredible experience!! That is a memory I will cherish for a life time!! We got corn dogs when we were done! :)
| Lily meeting Gram for the first time (Gram had broken her hip) |
| Gram & Lily visiting. Gram could get Lily to tell her ALL sorts of stories!! |
| Four Generations As babies we ALL had the dark hair :) maybe I'll have to get copies of all our baby pics!! |
![]() |
| Halloween 2009 |
| Showing Lily off in her blessing outfit |
| Gram & Malachi. |
I love you so much Gram!! Thank you for your GREAT example of selfless service, perseverance, & patience. I KNOW you are where you want to be!! Give Grandpa a hug from us all, I can't believe it was 2 days short of 18 years without him!! I can't even imagine, you truly are an incredible lady!!



2 comments:
very sweet memories...love her and you!
So sorry to hear that! She sounds absolutely wonderful. We'll be thinking about you--I hope that you have a good week.
Post a Comment