When I read I am an EXPERT tuner-outer (yes that's a word) there were MANY a times my mom would ask me to do something & I would literally NOT hear her (even if she was in the same room). My sisters think it's hilarious & will say whatever they want while I'm reading. It's all good until they say my name! SO if you need me to do something or need to talk to me say my NAME & make sure I look up from my book!!
With that said (kind of boring) I made a goal last year to not read another novel until I completed The Bible ya I'm STILL in Judges & just finished Twilight. Let's just say I started Tues morning & finished so about 3 1/2 days. Was it a page turner, not really. It was sickeningly sappy. Am I happy I followed the trend to read it?! Probably could have found better use of my time... Will I finish the series?! More than likely (seeing as I've already started the next book...) Why, because I am ADDICTED!!
Why is it I can devour a novel in no time flat, but when it comes to The Bible I can't seem to find TIME to read it?! Guess my priorities are a little backwards! Maybe if I didn't go cold turkey on reading novels I'd be able to have better control of my addiction & make the book last a month or two. Still have the thing I enjoy, but still make time for important things like scripture reading!!
Another thing I'm addicted too :)
Because I was asked... This is where the nicknames come from :)
PD Sweetie: While Jer & I were dating he did something & so I said "thanks you're such Sweetie PD!" (it is a phrase my mom would say. which when she says it now it is just awkward! :) Sorry mom!!)
Well Jer had never heard it before & he liked it, so I told him he could be my "Sweetie PD" which has changed to "PD Sweetie" "PD" & "PD Sweetie Pie". That is also my nickname so we are the PD Sweeties. Then when I was pregnant with Lily we didn't know what sex she was so we just called her PD #3.
Lily Belle came from Grandma Welch. She couldn't be a bug #1) because Jacey was already nicknamed Jacey-Doodle-Bug & #2) she would probably get squished every time we'd call her a bug :)
Chi is pronounced Ky, Kai, Kye not Chee :) When we knew Malachi's name we told Lily, & to make life easier for her we told her his name was Ky, Kai, Chi. well I didn't think about the spelling of the nickname until AFTER the birth certificate had been sent in. So we spell his name Malachi, & to not deter to far from his name we spell it CHI. Kind of confusing, but that's how life is :)
Love nicknames & their origin. Sorry this was kind of a wordy boring blog, but you don't have to read it :)

4 comments:
I still read on average 1 1/2 - 2 books a week. No exaggeration. And I'm glad you explained the PD things. I was always confused.
YAY I'm not alone with the reading thing then!!!! YAY!!!
Are you on Goodreads? I've loved it, and it's a great way to share books! I'm addicted too, but I figure, hey, it's the only hobby I have left.
I liked the post even though I knew all the origins of the names :)
Post a Comment