Saturday, July 23, 2011

Hillman Wedding

Carrie & Grant tied the knot 7/23/2011 at Milcreek Canyon.  CONGRATS you two!!

What a handsome little buddy!!!  He even slept through the entire ceremony!!

Sweet Lily Belle.  She didn't want to be with the other kids watching a movie so she sat very quietly & watched Carrie get married

The cutting of the cake.  Cut by the way by the long sword seen on the table...

Awe so sweet

 Daddy Daughter dance
Grandma dancing with the grandkids

The famous photographer did end up in a picture!! :)


The Allreds dancing the night away
Chad and April 

Aunt Debbie & Uncle Paul
My favorite because of the smiles

My honey took the babies home to bed & I caught a ride home with Crystal (thanks!) hence no dancing for us. 

Story I want to remember:  Grant's Uncle Wally was on the same table as us for the dinner & when the dancing broke out he told Jeremy it was just what we needed since we were so busy chasing kids.  I said oh good are you volunteering to watch them then?  His face was priceless as he was quick to say that wasn't what he meant.  Too funny!!  It was fun getting to know some of the Florida family. 

Carrie & Grant had an open mic & you'd think after all of her sister's weddings Carrie would have learned that's never a good idea.  Uncle Andy's introduction was priceless, I've never laughed so hard & felt so awkward at the same time. "Hi my name is Andy Nelson and I'm an alcoholic"  Maybe I shouldn't put things on my blog like that, but I want to remember it.  Over all everyone had their moments of awkwardness, but it was both sides & at the same time I think everyone enjoyed themselves at some point (I hope).

It's hard to join 2 families, customs, traditions and make everyone happy.  & so it went as good as it could...

No comments: