Wednesday, October 10, 2012

National Park Day

When I found out that the weekend of the run was also FREE National Park Day.  I was not thrilled!!  Yellowstone is busy, but throw in FREE & I was worried it was going to be torture.  I was pleasantly surprised that it wasn't busy in the slightest.

Since we'd been to Yellowstone earlier in the year we hit up Norris & the Paint Pots (I think) since we hadn't seen them yet this year.


 Norris proved that Lily & Chi are my children, they did NOT like the stinky geysers :) especially when the steam would get in their faces.  However Lily has not sworn them off, she still says she wants to go to Yellowstone, I think Jeremy was a little relieved :)
This is the best group picture courtesy of course of Jeremy.  Chi & I, Brett, Trevor, Susan, Chad (in the stroller is Audrey & Lily) and April.  We're missing a couple of Welches & Jeremy.

This is Quake Lake.  It was just a river & then the earthquake & land slide (pic below) caused it to dam up & create said lake.

The sun was not very helpful, but you can kind of tell the how HUGE the land slide was.

This picture is trying to show you the waves, they're just behind the line of pine trees, so crazy!!

We've been to Yellowstone in the Spring, Summer, & now Fall & I have to say Fall is by FAR THE best time to go!!!  LOVED seeing the leaves changing, cool fresh air, & not crowded with tourists :)

Isn't that so fun how the autumn colors are splashed between the pine trees it was so GORGEOUS!!

1 comment:

Carrie said...

WOW! Thanks for sharing the fall pictures, I MISS those colors! Az doesn't have much of a fall, yet anyways!