Wednesday, October 3, 2012

The Run...

Look how happy we look before the race!!  (Chad & Trevor are modeling the shirts we received.)


Jeremy coming in.  He finished 4th place over all. YAY PD Sweetie!!


Uncle Logan & Lily waiting ever so patiently for the race to end.

There's Chad he finished 1st in his age group.

Trevor James walking across the finish line.  What he walked & he still beat me?!?!  He also took first in his age group

And finally the pregnant, virus filled, very exhausted me. I think I was 3rd in my age group.  Guess there weren't a lot in that age group to run :)

The race was GORGEOUS see all those pine trees?!  That's how it was the entire time from what I could smell it was heavenly.  When we started the race Chad said it was 41* but it sure didn't feel that chilly.  The course was up and down like a roller coaster almost wish it had been up hill at the beginning & then ALL down hill at the end ;) definitely NOT South Weber City race!!  Chad was a saint & stayed back with Trevor & I until the last stretch at which point he sprinted & I walked & then finally pushed myself to run the last little bit.  I am proud of myself I ran more than I did in South Weber, but my time was worse, go figure.  Here's to next year!!!
After waiting patiently for the big races to end the had a free kid 2k Lily wanted to run, she ran a little bit then turned around and said "Dad! Run with me!!" So Jer went to run with her at which point she said "Carry me" that was the end of the race!  I think she takes after her dad.

Chad says we should do the Freedom Run together & I have to say I'm excited to keep the tradition going.  5Ks though Chad & Jer can start running 10 Ks, but the 5 is PLENTY of running for me!!!  Anyone else wanna start running with us?!

1 comment:

Carrie said...

VERY IMPRESSIVE!! Good work to you all! Lily cracks me up and didn't Jeremy freeze in those short shorts?? Burrrr.....