Tuesday, June 24, 2008

SPRING BREAK 2





Here is our ONLY GREEN that we saw for hundreds of miles from ST. GEORGE to Phoenix. Kirst drove so fast I couldn't see the scenery anyway, but luckily we were in a traffic jam crossing the Hoover Dam.... Speaking of that we didn't have time for any DAM tours, but we took pics of the signs!!! (Hooray :))














DAM construction signs made it a long trek across Hoover.... Why was this DAM thing named after Hoover? Why not Roosevelt? Anyway this was the highlight of the trip for Jeremy if you can't tell :)! (GROUNDED:() Well we went to Gilbert and spent the night with a friend.... No pics of him or his wife, but they were at our wedding... We traveled to Nogales Mexico and toured around... It was busier, louder and dirtier than I remember when I served there in December 2003 until August 2004.. and colder it snowed in Nogales Mexico!!! I thought we were getting away from the winter weather!

After being in the car ALL DAY!!!!!!! We made it to GG Knowles @ 7 pm in SUNNY Southern Arizona... Uh, Yuma that is, old folks town, like an Old Folks home, only outside and in individual dwellins of sorts... Trailers or 5th wheelers they call 'em... Anyway we knew for sure that we weren't in Utah anymore! AHHH

No comments: