Friday, January 28, 2011

PD Sweetie # 4

Poor little guy probably deserves an update!!  I am currently going to the weekly appt gotta love those wonderful visits!!  Today I was dilated at a 3 with 50% effaced not entirely sure what that means other than things are changing!  I know that some people can stay at a 3 for weeks right?!  I probably shouldn't get my hopes up for a January baby right?

According to the measurements he is 6lbs 3 oz & while I thought I was doing GREAT tummy wise considering it's more noticeable than Lily ever was, I guess it's still tiny! :)  Everyone is shocked when I tell them how much longer I have, & the Dr. & nurse both commented on how little it was.  While I'd love the huge cute tummy, I'd much rather hear things like "Really, your so little" "what a cute LITTLE tummy" than "you look like your about ready to pop"  "Are you having twins" The midwife said he told a lady when asked when she is due to say "Oh I'm not pregnant" or "I already had the baby".  I guess that way it makes the other person feel stupid & awkward & maybe think twice about saying some of the things they should regret, but don't.

Anyway, I told the midwife I was going to wait for contractions & NOT be induced wahoo!!  Lily was induced because the amniotic fluid magically disappeared (still don't know why!) & Malachi still has a swimming pool, so here's hoping to being able to experience the natural contractions, and going on my own!!

Jeremy & I are also READY for this baby to come!!  We didn't have a hospital bag packed when Lily was born & the whole nesting never hit, but I have my bag packed, clothes & blankets all washed & ready, so when this little guy comes we'll be prepared... for the most part!!

Also have I mentioned how GRATEFUL I am for hand-me-downs?!  I don't know what we would do without them!  Thank you to all those who donated your clothes & equipment!! THANK YOU THANK YOU from the bottom of my heart!!

PS did I tell you why we're naming him Malachi?  Because of the out pouring of blessings that have come from paying our tithing & the blessings have definitely come in forms of hand-me-downs!  So to all those who gave us clothes & other we are naming our son after you, this includes hand-me-downs to Lily & to me not just Malachi! Thank you again, I promise I will pay it forward!!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

That person the midwife asked must have been me! I looked prego for EVER after I had Addison. It was ultra depressing!

Amy N. said...

oh you have the PERFECT belly! Be sure to get some pictures before Chi (how are you going to spell his nickname?) comes! I can't wait to cuddle with him...I will be waiting by my phone :)

Kirsten Knowles said...

We'll have to come up with a different way of spelling his nickname. it's to close to Chi Chi which in spansih makes Jeremy blush. So unfortunately it'll have to be different than the spelling of his name...