Tuesday, December 27, 2011

Christmas Morning

I wanted to do the Christmas story the morning of Christmas, it's all well & good on Christmas eve, but I really just wanted to emphasize Christ a little bit more this year.  It worked out even better than I had hoped.  When Lily usually wakes up she comes straight to our room & climbs into bed.  Not that morning instead we found her already playing with the nativity.  Chi was still sleeping & so Jeremy went to start breakfast & Lily & I reenacted the Christmas story.  Boy were the tears coming yet again.  When the Shepherds went to visit they sang "You are a Child of God" (per Lily's request I changed the words a bit, how fitting!) then the wise men sang "I love to See the Temple" I was almost worried it would be "Happy Birthday" Kind of glad it wasn't.
About the time we finished reenacting, Breakfast was ready & Chi was awake!  Yummy cinnamon rolls!  I had to twist Jeremy's arm on this one.  It was a tradition my family did & well I wanted to introduce it to my family (it just seems to help make Christmas last a little longer!)  This year it worked out perfectly, we'll see how it goes next year :)


Here's Lily vacuuming the floor on Christmas day!

I made Jeremy a quilt out of his old cross country/track 15+ t-shirts kind of glad to have more closet space :)
He also got a "iron man" watch.  Lily & Chi got him razors & cologne.

He spoiled me & bought a "Pandigital" so AWESOME!!

Chi's treasures! 

Lily's treasures (can't quite see them all)

Christmas day to be continued :)

2 comments:

Stephanie Hancock said...

Looks awesome! Way to go on the quilt--that's a great idea.

Dutch John Guymon said...

You will have to show me how to do the quilt! I have helped on a denim jean quilt but never one of shirts!! Great idea!! I had never heard of a pandigital. I am guessing it is a digital book?! I guess I shouldn't tell you that I got spoiled this year as well... My hubby got me the Kindle Fire! Seriously awesome Husbands we have!! Very cute kids you have!! Glad Santa got Lily her most desired gift!! :) Silly Girl!! Tell her she can come use it at my house. I will make it a mess just for her!!