Wednesday, August 22, 2012

18 Months & 3 years & 2 months

When I went to deliver Lily, I told my OB that I didn't have a Pediatrician & could he please refer us to one. He referred us to Dr Hoagland who was great, wonderful, & couldn't ask for a better Dr.  Then we'd get boughts of colds/constipation & we found Dr. Hoagland was just busy.  So we defaulted to Dr. Nisha Bauer (who happens to be in our ward) I kept going back and forth is it a good idea to see a Dr in your ward what if things don't work out what if it's awkward etc.  I had taken Lily in to Dr. Bauer twice earache/constipation because Dr. Hoagland was booked (I was really impressed that she took so much time answering my concerns & questions!) & so when if came time for Chi's 18 month check-up I called Dr. Hoagland (crazy I know) to schedule both him & Lily for a well check & couldn't get in to see him until the middle of September a WHOLE month!!!  I'm impatient I know, but I'm also a procrastinator...  So I switched to Dr. Bauer & got in 2 days later.

Wow this is going on & on!!  Any way we did the usual weight/height etc & Dr. Bauer came in to show us on the chart.  Now this routine is not new & I usually just tune out whatever follows your child is in the 10% and needs butter on the vegetables, half & half in the milk etc, instead today we heard:

Chi is 25% for height & 10% for weight, BUT height/weight ratio is right where it needs to be he's healthy a little skinny, but just fine.  ALLELUIA!!  He weighs 22lbs 7 oz Height is 31 3/4"

Lily (I was still a little nervous with is one) was 10% for height & not really sure what she was for weight (probably barely if even on the chart) BUT she too has a great height/weight ratio!!!!  Lily weighs: 24# and is 35 1/4"

Can I tell you HOW stinking great it was to hear what I knew was right all along?!  Love Dr. Bauer & it is official she is our new pediatrician.

2 comments:

Carrie said...

Way to grow them lil' beans! :)

Unknown said...

chi weighs the same as my 11 month old baby. Why are my kids monsters? lol Makes me laugh.