Thursday, January 3, 2013

Names

Names AGAIN?! I know you poor people!  Nora won hands down.  Jeremy pointed out that Lily doesn't have a middle name, so why should Nora?  So ready for your next vote?

Nora Elizabeth
Nora Jean
Nora Grace
Nora

Jeremy & James were tied.  I'm not sure which I like better.  Any good advice on a middle name that doesn't sound like a substitute teacher is calling role?  I think Nelson James Knowles sounds better, but up for suggestions on any other middle names.

Also did you know that a heart defect is the most common form of birth defect?!  There are 20 different CONGENITAL heart defects, then all those you can acquire (7) on top of that, makes for paranoia!  I remember Dr. Hall pointing out Lily's four chambered heart in an ultrasound & I thought great, now where's a hand.  Jeremy was SOOOO paranoid about spina bifida, that we made sure we could see the tail to the spinal cord.  I never in a million years would have guessed heart defect as the #1 birth defect!

You wanna know my latest question?  I conceived (according to the charts) around July 4th week 7 of a pregnancy the heart is done forming & continues to just grow.  August was a rough month for our ward.  We had an infant die a day before her due date.  She just stopped moving.  Another sister a week after miscarried @ about 11/12 weeks the heart just stopped. (not very many people know about this) another's child was born earlier in August & by some miracle survived 24 days with a heart defect & is now under going tests to find out what exactly is wrong.  My baby's heart was developing the 4 chambers during this time & the left ventricle got left out.  WHY?!  What happened in August that caused all these problems?!?!

2 comments:

Amy N. said...

I am still going with Nora Jean. I remember after Grams had her heart surgery I asked her how come she had to and she said "apparently having a big heart isn't a good thing" she did have a big heart both literally and figuratively. :)
How about Nelson JJ Knowles ;)

Roll at school will just say Nelson Knowles so the only time you have to worry about sounding like a sub is when you are calling him out of the giant mud pit he found while you weren't looking. Maybe you should go with Jeremy because then when you call his full name Jeremy will think you are blaming him and come clean up the mess for you...oh brilliance!

Kirsten Knowles said...

LOL!! You are BRILLIANT!! Love it, thanks for the suggestions, I really might have to Jeremy just for that very reason!!!