Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Winter Wonder Land

I gave a lesson in Primary before Christmas and asked my 9 year old if they remember when it would snow & the snow would last ALL winter?  They all looked at me weird and said no.  I've been fairly disappointed in the past years of snow fall, and I finally got my wish snow that would last longer than 2 days!!!

Enjoy the pics of the kids playing in the snow with Dad!

Cool a snow slide!!

Dad going through the tunnel first...

Then Lily Belle 

Now Chi

Lily sinking & trying to swim her way out of the bank

Uh oh you lost your rider shovel!

We even tried sledding the next day, but snow in 7* just isn't very good for sleighing.  It's very powdery and so you sink a foot before you sleigh down & then you stop short because you're buried in the snow!  We'll try it again soon I hope!!

3 comments:

Amy N. said...

Oh how I wish we had the depth of snow to go with all our cold. We do still have 3-4 inches so I am not complaining too loudly. I LOVE it!

Crystal said...

You almost make the snow look like fun. Almost. Glad you are enjoying it!

Carrie said...

Haha I agree with Crystal... I say bring the kiddos to vegas and we'll play here! :)