Monday, April 21, 2014

Easter in WY

My cousin Dylan got married this weekend and so we went up to Wyoming to celebrate with him. His reception was Friday evening so Jeremy took a couple hours off of work & we headed.  After being to Vegas and Phoenix the 31/2 hour drive was a BREEZE!!  The kids are pros!  We didn't even stop once!!

We stayed at the ranch house with Aunt Tina and Uncle James.
Nels was a champ!  I don't think the higher elevation had an effect on him

Saturday morning we dyed Easter Eggs and then later hid them for the kids to find after nap time.  

Here they are at the starting line 
(see the blue healer in the back ground? Jeremy's new favorite.  Maybe one day...)


\Lily Shonee, and Konnor

Chi & his new buddy Nicole


Relaxing, enjoying the beautiful sunshine, & watching the kids hunt. Nothing could be better!


Checking out their treasures.

L-R Jamiee, Sam, Neal, Nicole, Mardy, Keith, & Clairee

Nels LOVED this little toy!


Throwing rocks in the creek (Clairee, Lily, & Konnor)

What a big boy swinging!

Taking turns Lily was so impressed that Clairee could pump by herself!  These two have become quite the pair!  Chi & Shonee were hooked to the hip too.  At the reception the had tractors and trailors for those of you who know Chi he LOVES trailors hooked to anything that'll pull them.  Shonee came and sat by him & he immediately gave up his trailor for her.  I was SHOCKED!  The next day he told me that she was his "very best friend".  Love love love that they are such GREAT friends!  Reminds me of me and Mardy!  

Apparently we both got something in our eye or we are tired ;)

Bouncing on the huge ball!  What a blast!

Hmmm maybe this is why we are tired?!  Chi woke up in the middle of the night & wanted to lay with me, well Nelson was already in our bed so instead of fighting & risking waking Nelson up I went & slept with Lily & Chi.

I got to go with Aunt Tina to "feed the cows" we didn't do any feeding, but the calves were SOOOOO cute!!  Sunday morning one had just been born and we just sat out there and watched the mama clean him up, & then watched him get to his feet it was so sweet to watch!  

We saw the miniature horses, donkey, and mule.  So stinking cute!

Jeremy and I raked up the yard for the Easter egg hunt (mostly shoveling moose poop, dog poop, horse poop you get the idea) all I have to say is we have NEVER worked so well together ;) sign us up for the next chore! ;)

Jeremy and I are toying with the idea of moving up to the farm (the Knowles farm) in the next couple of years & so this season we will be attempting to do as much farm work as possible to see if it is something we want, can, & are able to do!

Thanks so much EVERYONE!  Wish we'd gotten a few more pictures with you all especially Nelson James & James Nelson! Good thing we'll see you again!  We had such an amazing time!  Such GREAT company, food, and memories!!  WE LOVE YOU ALL!

1 comment:

Carrie said...

What a blast!!! I am super jealous you can just load up and go because you are so close. I really hope we get Grant up there this year! So cute about Chi's very best friend, looks like you better be making more trips up there. :) Thanks for posting all the pictures so I can see my cousins and their cute families!