Wednesday, April 16, 2014

Fun on the Farm

Me and the kids drove up to Avon where GG Farm live Friday morning to visit and HOPEFULLY help some... Oh wait I just saw the picture below we didn't help at all!
This is an EVIL rose bush!  I've NEVER seen a nastier thing in my life! Worse than a cactus!  
Anyway Gma trimmed it down Friday night & I was no help because well 3 kids.  She mentioned that she wanted to just get rid of it.  Saturday morning she went off to the cannery & Nelson went down for his morning nap so I thought now's my chance to help!  I started digging & when I would find a root I clipped it with pruners so I didn't have to dig clear to China.  Well after clipping one of the roots there was a terrible hissing sound!  I'd cut the copper pipe for the propane!  I was so bummed!  So much for helping!  We had to dig a trench to bury the new line which reminded me of a garden hose only BRIGHT yellow, a little harder to miss.  Uncle Scott said that the pipe should have been 2 feet under the ground, so that made me feel a little better


Proof that the copper pipe went straight through the MIDDLE of the rose bush and anyone could have made the same mistake!  Right?!


Daddy taking the boys for a ride.


Finally at the END of the day after waiting SOOOO patiently Lily got to ride Taity's pony.


Saying good-bye to Trigger.  She was constantly down at the corral saying hi to Vegas and Trigger.  She'd get so excited when they would let her pet them! According to Lily all horses are girls (unfortunately the farm only had male horses).

Such GREAT friends!  Don't know what they'd do without each other!

Helping Nelson.  He loved it & could rock it by himself (despite what the picture shows) it was SOOOO stinking cute!!

We are SOOOO grateful to be able to be out visiting and enjoying family again!  We will be doing a TON of it this summer so watch out we may show up at your door!

2 comments:

Crystal said...

Looks like a fun time! And, pretty sure I would've taken one look at those thorns and said "It's such a pretty rose bush. Don't get rid of it!" so you're already 100 steps ahead of me on the helping scale :)

Carrie said...

Oops!! Way to be a helper though! :) Farm life comes naturally to you and your family, but I really like you five mins away from Dad and Mom's house…..