Monday, April 7, 2014

Latest FUN purchases!

Crystal & Carrie came into town the first weekend in April & we went to an "Early Bird" Special.  If you know us Welches we do NOT like to shop!  Especially in crowds, we just don't go shopping for fun (except for Carrie...) Wanna know what got us out at 7 in the morning?!
A kitchen store (can't remember the name). I finally bought my wheat grinder!  I've wanted one for a LONG long time!  The price just scared me a little bit :) So I texted Jeremy the electric grinder price of $218, he didn't respond so I bought a hand grinder for $109.  I figured he'd have a heart attack at $218 & then feel a little better at half the price :) 
One of the things I'd been warned about was that hand grinders are hard to turn & take a LONG time.

Well it wasn't too hard for Lily.

Chi did pretty good with a little help.  Y
ou get Jeremy & I at the crank & you can grind the wheat pretty quickly... So excited & have THE most AMAZING wheat recipe from my Aunt Tina. YAY!!

This is not a purchase, Nelson got it for his Birthday, but he recently decided it was a BLAST!  YAY for mom getting to retire a little bit.  Now I just turn around and redirect :)

Chi finally got to spend his Birthday $ & picking up apples $ it was a pretty penny, but worth the smile on his face & well it was his money.  Just don't tell Jeremy how much they were ;)

1 comment:

Carrie said...

I am ready for some homemade wheat rolls!!! When ya coming back for another visit??