Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Potty Training

We are officially Potty Trained!!  We started Feb 28th & to be honest it was really frustrating.  For those that do not know since Lily has been 18 months she's rather despised pooping.  She'd scream etc. well she was trying to poop that morning & what possessed me to stick her on the toilet I have no idea, but I did & she said she wanted to wear big girl underwear.  So I stuck her in them & we had accident after accident...  I knew however if I put her back in a diaper I was never going to get her back out of them.  So I picked up the book I'd gotten from the Library a month ago & decided to read it.  It said to reward for dryness. What?!  I'd been telling Lily she'd get a treat after she peed in the toilet.  Hmmm so I tried it & gave her a treat because she was dry then we went "shopping" around the house for her potty treats & put them in the bathroom 
we had staying dry treats: crackers, M & Ms, Juice
Peeing treats: Kisses, M & Ms, Cookies
Pooping treats: Popcorn, Hot Chocolate, & GUM!

Guess what?!?! She's not had an accident yet!!!!  (Yes she'll wait till the last second sometimes & have a little pee in her underwear, but she is potty trained!!!)

Even pooping has gotten better for her.  That was a learning experience for both of us.  I tried to have a set time each day to "try to poop" we read & read (it just so happened earlier that week we bought Dr. Suess books for $5 can you say GREAT potty books) & bribed & cried & pled & nothing.  She waits until there's no way it's gonna stay in, but she hasn't pooped in her underwear yet, so we just let her do it her way.

YAY on milestone over!

1 comment:

Amy N. said...

WOOHOO!! Good job Lily.