I think we have the baby names somewhat narrowed. Now for your guys' opinions :)
GIRLS:
MYRA JEAN: I've had this name picked out for a while & Lily is convinced that's the baby's name, but I'm not so sure anymore. Don't get me wrongs still LOVE it, but I've grown to like a few others as well. Myra is Grandma Farm's name without the N Myrna. MYRA means ADMIRABLE. Jean is my Grandma Nelson's middle name meaning God is Gracious.
GRACE CARYOL: Grace meaning Christ's Grace. I've learned a lot about Grace since becoming pregnant with this little one, & have a feeling I'm going to be learning a LOT more & relying on it so I can be with my family forever. (Malachi has spiritual significance with his name as well & I'm okay keeping the tradition.) CARYOL: is my Nana Welch's name. And while she didn't like the way it was spelled (always having to correct people) she didn't object to me naming my child after her. I also like Caryol, because as far as I know no other grandchild/great grandchild has been given her name & like Clyde I like uniqueness & feel they deserve to have a name sake as well. That said no one has been named after Grandma Myrna either...
Then those of you who remember J K L M we are on N & as hard as N names are I found a girl one I like. I looked at every single N name & a lot of them are names like Keith, but with an N Neith (don't like it no offense Dad) so.....
NORA ELIZABETH: So we could say Nora is Cora with an N. Cora is my Great Grandma. Then we can complete her being named after Cora, because Elizabeth is Cora's middle name & we both like Elizabeth. NORA means HONOR. ELIZABETH means God is my Oath
BOY:
NELSON is his name period. Why? Because it's the only N name we like & it is my mom's maiden name. The Full, Half, & the three quarter Nelson is a wrestling move (strength). Nelson Mandela was the first President of South Africa "ever to be elected in a fully representative democratic election" another strong one!! I need this baby to be STRONG!!! Jeremy's only defense to this name is Nelson is the bully on Simpson's guess what he's probably STRONG or he wouldn't be a bully, and according to Wikipedia he's not ALL that bad :) he even befriends Bart & dates Lisa so.... I say that goes out the window & well I've NEVER watched Simpsons & don't plan too.
Now your job is to help narrow the middle names.
JAMES: goes back 5 generations on Jeremy's side (my Grandfather Nelson's name was James too), however Susan broke the tradition, because usually it is the first name & Jeremy James it is not the first name, then I broke it even more & didn't give Malachi James. However James was the first born of the family & the first born son, so God kind of broke the tradition again, had I thought about it Lily should have been Jaime or something. Then there are a LOT of James!! Remember how I kind of like uniqueness.
JEREMY: Because he wants someone named after him & if I won't use James it has to be Jeremy
FRANKS: Jer doesn't like it cuz then he'll have 3 last names. I like it because it is Grandma Nelson's Maiden name just ties up the whole family. Grandpa Nelson was James Francis Walker Nelson he HATED Francis so we'll use Franks instead :)
GOOD LUCK!! Thanks for putting up with my quirkiness & thanks for your help.
Saturday, December 15, 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

5 comments:
Wow. That's a tough one. I really, really like all the girl names. But, since I'm quirky and like to stick with a pattern I'm choosing (JKLM) Nora. I like the way Lily, Chi and Nora sound together. 2nd choice would be Grace.
I love Nelson, so I'm glad you're sticking with that one. I like the sound of Nelson James Knowles, but then that kind of reminds me of roll call: Nelson, James since Grandpa's name was James Nelson. So...I'm going with Jeremy. Jeremy is strong and determined so I think it's fitting for your little fighter to be named after him!
Good luck!
Thanks Crystal! I never thought to say all the names together :)
I am in complete agreement with Crystal's reasonings. Although I really like Nora Grace Knowles, but since it is a BOY I am so happy you are sticking with Nelson! The only time I ever wished my last name wasn't Nielson was when I was naming Dax, I still almost went with it. So since my boys couldn't be Nelson, I am glad yours will be! I like James and Jeremy.
I change my girl vote to Nora Jean! Oh was that not an option?! hmmmm
;)
Like it! I was kind of bummed Grace wasn't winning & hadn't thought to use it as a middle name!!
You know everyone seems to think it's a boy, but Lily is certain it's a girl & I think I'm swaying that way. Gotta LOVE the suspense!
Post a Comment