Saturday, February 22, 2014

Old Fashioned

Have you been shopping lately?  It seems trends just go around in a cycle.  Remember bell bottoms in high school that your mom wore when she was your age?! Or how about the skater hugely baggy pants?  Well I was shocked when I went shopping with Carrie for the first time a little less than a year ago!  Stretchy pants with floral patterns & skinny jeans the kind you would have been severally made fun of in Junior High! They are BACK!!  Who knew?!

Well I went shopping with her again this past weekend & noticed a lot of green and peach (I'm sure there are prettier names for them, but it gets the point across!)  Then I remembered Monica's wedding of green and peach & that was about the time my Grandma Nelson asked what colors I wanted for my wedding I was almost 15 at the time still had nearly 10 years before I'd get married & so I told Gram I wanted peach & green.  Well when I got married I wanted browns. :) Don't get me wrong I am SOOOOO grateful she did the afagan & quilt then, because her sight went bad & I would have had to do without!  It's sat in the storage container my mom gave me since.

Until... Jeremy wanted to get rid of a hand-me-down extremely heavy bedspread with skirt & told me to do my Amazon magic & just order a new sheet/bedspread set.  & so I DIed the old one & brought out an even older one!


My peach & green afagan with my green quilt!

Jeremy's first concern was what if we ruin it?! I had the same thought & pulled out an even OLDER one!
This is the quilt she made me as an infant & it is still in EXCELLENT condition! (Love the fact that it's green too didn't plan that one!)
And yes I did use it as a child even!  I remember folding it up & telling it good-bye when I went to school everyday. So not only was it used, but it was loved ;)

Proof that Nelson did start out as a happy model :) Just took mom too long to figure out the right lighting!
Check out his pose!  He does that from a sitting position.  Maybe he will learn to crawl & then he ends up like the picture above & just gets mad & is rescued, so probably not! :)

What fun!  Aren't you all jealous of my totally in style bedding set?!  Just have to wait a little while for things to come back around!

2 comments:

Crystal said...

I'm afraid to ruin my quilt, too, and that's why it's in storage. But, Grandma probably didn't make it with the idea that it would sit in storage forever. What a dilemma!

I think your model is adorable. I want to kiss his cheeks!

Carrie said...

I was trying to decide what I liked better, your quilt or your model. :) Both are super cute but I think I would rather snuggle Mr N than your beautiful quilt!